About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Friday 25 March 2011

Eudolo Creek on the Maroochy River

Trip #3

I got off work @ 2pm and was in the water by 3 (see map 1), I didn't really work with the tide as it would only be a short trip and I wanted to explore some new areas. I traveled up to Eudlo Creek, no matter how hard I tried I could not hook anything, I got a few bumps and knocks on the plastics, but that was it. I was however thoroughly enjoying the new Shimano Symetre 2500 on the Shimano Rack Raider II and very happy with the purchase. I caught some herring on the cast net on my way out of the creek and thought I would drift back with some lives. I chose to hook them by the tail, I got 3 hits like this but each time the would run with it, drop it, then nothing. I would wind in and find the head removed and the body intact. I drifted over the cod hole hoping for some magic but none, so cut my losses and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment