About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Kayak fishing in the Maroochy River - Fun with plastics

The 3 m waves and 10knot winds made a beach launch and offshore fish not really an option again this weekend. Plan B; I met up with another kayaker; Dan and hit the Maroochy river @ 8:30am from near swan boat hire. The plan was to get some livies and try for some flathead or a jew since they have been on the chew lately. For the life of use we could not find any bait and when we did they were too deep. We trolled around a bit and flicked a few plastics and got a few hits. I picked up a 50cm flathead around swan boat hire on a gulp pumpkin seed, t-tail on a 1/12 jig head; a wonderful way to christen the new Stradic Ci4 2500.

IMG_0428.jpg
50cm Flatty

We then trolled to the cod hole to fish the change of high tide, as soon as I arrived I picked up a small trevally on the plastic.

IMG_0432.jpg
Small trevally


Then several minutes later a nice big bream @ 33cm on the plastic again.

IMG_0433.jpg
33cm Bream


The tide changed the the fish shut down, Dan and I trolled around to no avail. I worked one of the edges of the cod hole following some shapes just of the bottom and picked up this fat bream. Despite him trying to fertilize my kayak I had enough fish in the bag and let him go.

IMG_0434.jpg
Fat bream

We spotted some birds working near swan boat hire and we paddled over but by the time we go there the bait, tailor and birds were nowhere to be found.

The keepers.

IMG_0437.jpg
Dinner.


Unfortunately Dan did not get onto anything this time, sorry bud.

Cheers
Dan

1 comment:

  1. Even if you do carry something, most likely it will be uncomfortable for you to carry. To get more detailed info on best tandem kayaks, visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete