About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Kayak fishing with my dog Ollie

Winds were up this weekend and didn't head offshore, instead I thought i'd do some light trolling around Maroochy river with my red kelpie, Ollie.



She didn't last too long and was quickly distracted by birds, wanting to jump off and chase them so I returned her back to the dry shore. I trolled around for a few hours, I hooked up a nice bream and a a few small fish which went back in the drink. No monsters today.




Ollie took about 2 hours to devour her new toy when we got home, she is getting pretty efficient at it these days.




Cheers
Dan

4 comments:

  1. Hi mate love the blog. Where abouts do you fish? I'm from Qld and love this type of light fishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhett. I live in the Sunshine Coast and fish the Maroochy River system when the weather is not good enough to go offshore. Yeppoon is a nice neck of the woods but I haven't been there for quiet a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you ever travel up here let me know, It's good to see other keen kayak fishers. My blog is http://madkeenyakangling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete