About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Sunday 19 June 2011

Kings Beach to Bray Rock Snapper on Trolled Lure

I braved the forecast 10knot winds early and launched from Kings @ around 6am to try and get that big snapper with my name on it.

I trolled to bray rock, I got 2 pike about 5 min in which managed to tangle themselves up well good and had to re-rig of of the lines but it was good to see my first attempt at trolling a blade seemed to be working.

IMG_0353.jpg
Pike on Blade


I got to Bray rock and the wind and chop was making it a rough, wet and cold ride. Shortly after reaching the rock both rods buckled over, I felt both and wound the overhead with the halco laser pro on. Landed a nice big snapper, all of 62cm and 8cm over my pb. I went to wind in the blade but it was attached to the reef and not coming back :(

IMG_0354.jpg
62cm Snapper

Me and the Snapper
On the new brag mat


The rest of the morning involved peddling up wind, setting the drogue, flicking plastics, nothing, try this again. I must admit the new drogue worked really well but unfortunately the fish didn't come to the party. I saw what I thought was a bustup 100m away and peddled as fast as I could but on closer inspection found 5 or so dolphins doing a few tricks. I caught a small sweetlip on the way back.

IMG_0359.jpg
Sweetlip


Cheers
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment