About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Maroochy River Flathead on Hardbody Lures

I wanted another snapper session offshore this weekend with the good weather predicted so I headed to Kings Beach Saturday morning. The water looked real nice but the surf break looked a challenge and as nobody else showed I headed to the Maroochy river for a quick troll. Launched at picnic point and it was very busy on the water. I tried trolling around chambers island with nothing but a small hit. Netted some livies and tried the cod hole with no avail. Trolled back to chambers island and tried some livies from my DIY bait tube. I was rewared with 4 flathead within 15min.

IMG_0325.jpg
flathead #1


IMG_0326.jpg
flathead #2


IMG_0329.jpg
flathead #3


IMG_0328.jpg
flathead #4
Happy with the results I headed home.
Dan

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am Alisha Anderson.
    I have found your site not so long ago, but try to read every new article as i see your
    site as one of those interesting places online (it’s not such an usual case nowadays).
    This week i had an interesting discussion about (http://kayakfisherdan.blogspot.in/2011/06/maroochy-river-flathead-on-hardbody.html) with my colleagues and i’m
    going to write about it. Your site looks a perfect place for an article on this topic.
    So if you would like that, it would be great if you could post it on your site.
    And that’s absolutely free of cause.
    Let me know here anderson.alisha8@gmail.com if you are interested.
    Regards
    Alisha Anderson

    ReplyDelete