About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Saturday 16 April 2011

DIY live bait tube using plastic screw top container

To see how successful fishing with lives was from a kayak I opted for a simple and cheap design. A cylindrical Tupperware style clear container with a twist lid for $5 from Big W. I then drilled some holes in the ends, attached a piece of cord from a broken cast net and another piece to tether the lid to the container. For good measure I sprayed it black and left a stripe clear... for speed, things with stripes go faster.
Bait Tube Closed
 Bait Tube Open

As it turns out lives work very well and very suitable for the fishing style that comes with the peddle powered hobie outback. The livies stayed alive but the tube itself is rather large in diameter and despite the speedy stripe it is like towing anchor when working against the tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment