About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Saturday 16 April 2011

Shimano Symetre 2500 on a Graphite Rack Raider II

This is my new combo I picked up from BCF for estuary work. I also picked up some 6lb Finns Braid and 6lb flurocarbon leader. I have tested it out several times now and landed a 50cm GT and a 63cm flathead on it without any dramas. The reel when I bought it was very nice to hold and wind, smooth and quiet and the drag works very well.



After several trips I did notice a slight noise (bearing I think) when winding. I have oiled it and took it back to BCF to get them to look at it but they could not fix it. I may have to take it back for repair under warranty. I would not talk anyone out of getting this reel despite this, for the money it is a very good reel and from what I have hear this is a one of case. I did however wish it came with a spare spool and may have to pick another up for chasing snapper on light gear.

1 comment:

  1. Shimano Symetre 2500 offers a superior tournament-level fishing performance and value for money. This spinning reel is popular among anglers for lure fishing as it allows for fatigue-free casting all day. At the same time, it has enough drag power and line capacity to battle the toughest of fighting fish such as mulloway, flathead and bream.

    ReplyDelete