About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Sunday 10 April 2011

Picnic Point on the Maroochy

Trip #5

Went for a fish this morning in the Maroochy, launched at 6:30am at picnic point I had planned to work surface lures today but the water was very dirty so ended up pumping some nippers and netting some livies. Got to test out my newly created bait tube which worked very well. Slow trolled to the mouth and was very slow for several hours, found a nice spot north of the mouth on the change of tide that produced 6 bream, whiting and a trevally. One of the whiting was 31cm just 2cm shy of my pb. Something also bit me off clean (6lb fc) but didn't come back for seconds. Worked my way back with the clean water and picked up a 40cm flathead and a few small bream.

No pics sorry, beer makes my lazy and it's too late now, the misses is cooking thai fish cakes.

Was great weather today, at the mouth I saw a big bust up with alot of birds diving about 500m out to ocean. On a day like today it seemed a shame to not be out on the open water, If I had some heavier gear I would have given it a shot.

I also upgraded my outback to ST Fins and jumbo rudder and loving it, money well spent. Didn't get to test out the rudder yet but the new landing net worked a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment