About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Maroochy River maiden voyage

Trip #1

This is my first trip report, I just purchased a second hand Hobie Outback and took it for its maiden voyage in the Maroochy river, South East Queensland.

I launched from picnic point and rode the tide out to the mouth, trolling a small t-tail plastic and flicking a popper towards the south bank of Goat island. I lost a few tails of the plastic and got a few knocks on the little popper but nothing over the hour or so I was trying that. I pumped some nippers and drifed/slow troll down the main channel there with the change of tide and caught 3 flathead (1 legal), 6 bream (4 legal) and a large whiting.

It was a very successful first trip and looking to get a quick trip in this week. I am however looking to target something a bit bigger now so I need to work on a live bait tube and gearing up with some better rods, reels and some braid. As I can't do livies atm I think I might try twin waters outlet into maroochy with some lures for flat head and trevally next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment