About Me


I have only recently ventured into the world of kayak fishing and love every second of it. I currently use a Hobie Outback kayak and I have created this blog to share some of my experiences and knowledge.

Saturday 16 April 2011

Cotton Tree on the Maroochy River

Trip #2

Had the day off today and managed to squeeze in a fish, put the Hobie Outback in the Maroochy river @ 7am just before high tide and trolled some deep diving lures around the caravan park for 1 1/2 hours without a hit. My legs were getting a bit sore so I pumped some nippers and tried drifting over some holes, landed a small bream and a nice whiting.

I have realized now that the mouth there is pretty hard to drift with baits when the current is ripping through there and got better results further back near picnic point last time.

Unfortunately when I was cleaning the yak up I noticed a small (2cm) cut in one of the rubber mirage drive blades, I doubt it is repairable and I am a little worried it will get longer. Might have to invest in the turbo fins sooner than planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment